Thursday, March 11, 2010

Be careful what you eat!

Ok, I am a healthy person and is very careful what I eat, because of my sport. I love fruits and veggies! I think my downfall is, when I like something, I eat it in mass quantities. Not a good thing! There was a time when I would eat oatmeal every morning. Start my day right. Then I discovered this yummy tasting no calorie spray butter. I'd spray and spray even more of it on my oatmeal, then finally decided to just open the darn container and dump half the bottle out into my oatmeal. YUMMY! After many weeks of eating that delicious oatmeal every morning, I noticed my clothes weren't fitting anymore and my butt getting bigger. Hmmm... What the heck was I doing wrong? I was eating healthy, exercising too. Well, I started looking online on the calories and fat of all I would consume during the day. Looked up the zero calorie butter spray and OMG, reading the fine print, there were many calories and fat! What?!? It said ZERO calories in a spray. Well, that's one spray, not half the bottle. What reminded me of that time was that I recently discovered dried veggies as snacks. My favorite being dried green beans. What could possibly be fattening about that? Well, I've noticed this week that I am getting that "pudgy" look, which is so attractive in my swimsuit during my group swim workouts. I'm afraid to go on my run, because of the fire I might start with my thunder thighs. Anyhow, I decided to look up my wonderful and delicious green bean chips. What do you know, but they aren't as low cal and low fat as I originally thought. Serving Size 28 g, Calories 130, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 gm, Transfat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Total Carbohydrate 20 g, Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 2 g

Darn it! Oh well, back to Subway for the next several weeks!


2 comments:

Jennifer Harrison said...

Ok, do not worry! I am not a stalker, haha...I came to your blog via ..Oh gosh...one of my friends, but I am sorry, I forgot. ANYWAY, I had to say HI b/c I have a pink Planet X bike too and I do not see too many others that have one! I LOVE LOVE LOVE MINE!!!!!! YAY! I have Planet X road, CX and TT bikes - (sponsored) and they are super!!!! Glad you love yours!!!

PS congrats on your race at St A's I have done that one before ! HOT (I live in Chicago).

stephanie liles said...

Jennifer,
Boy, I never noticed comments on my blog! Sorry, it took me 3 months to respond. :-)
There's nothing like the Planet X bikes. I adore mine! What color is yours? I had the pink one, but they sent me a white one, which I girlied up.
Chicago is a fun place to live. Went there last year for a conference. Would love to do the tri there. Have you done that one?
What races do you have coming up? For me, Ironman Kona. Should be great!
Good luck with the rest of your season.

Take care,
Stephanie