Monday, January 19, 2009

To hire a coach or not.

I have always thought about getting a coach to help me put stucture into my workouts. I would run 6 days a week, never get on my bike, except for the weekend group rides, and swim a couple days a week. The quality of my workouts were bad. When not racing, I am LAZY. Why hurt if I'm not going to get a prize at the end?!? So, how would I work on my speed? I would just race a lot. It's worked out so far for me, but I want to step it up a level and know I can't do it on my own.
I have a friend that works with LifeSport Coaching and he hooked me up with one of their top coaches, Paul. Being a single mother of three, my budget is super tight. I was planning on signing up for the cheapest plan they had to offer. Paul convinced me that I needed to do the mack daddy plan, if I want to move up in the triathlon world. So, now living on Ramen Noodles and water, I am getting my butt kicked on a daily basis by my coach, Dan. I look at my week training schedule and think, "Isn't this supposed to be my off season?!? What is Coach Dan going to put me through come tri season?" Needless to say, I will either be an amazing triathlete by the end of this year or broken down and retired. :-)

No comments: