Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Girls on the Run

Part of my sponsorship with Team StayPut, is that I have to work a "Girls on the Run" race. Well, I signed up for the Atlanta 5k race in November. I wasn't sure what to expect. I was nervous about finding the race site, since I'm not familiar with Atlanta. Yes, I did get lost on the way there and even trying to find my way back to my hotel, but it was worth it. It was so neat to see all those kids running with 5k with their parents or coach. A 5k is a long way for most kids. Girls on the Run is such a neat program that prepares girls for a 5k race. They promote health and fitness for kids, which I'm a big believer.
When I finally got to the race site, my Goody's StayPut sponsors had a couple of tents set up with tables full of cute hair products for the girls. The girls could pick out what they wanted in their hair and we would fix their hair for them. Well, I'm not very good at that (you can ask my daughter,) so I felt sorry for my little victims. All the kids seems really happy just getting some really cool hair products, so that great. Even though hair styling isn't my thing, I had a blast. I would definitely volunteer again.

No comments: