Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How time flies by!

Well, an Aussie friend of mine reminded me that I was neglecting my Blog and to update it. If I could only do it from my cell phone, it would be updated daily. :-)
A lot has happened since my last blog. Seems like a week after my last blog, I hurt my back. Not sure exactly how it happened, but I went to my chiropractor one morning and by the evening, I couldn't walk. Had an MRI done on it and found the a had a tear in one of my disks. Let me tell you, it was painful! I hate taking medicine, unless I absolutely have to, but I was tempted to ask my doctor for some pain meds during that time. Well, I got through it without anything. A good friend of mine works at Florida State University as a physical therapist for the all the athletes. She was kind enough to rehab me. I tell you what, those athletes have it made at FSU. I felt like a kid in a candy store. They had all the coolest equipment, had a room of just orthodics, and a huge storage room of anything an athlete might need (compression socks, etc..) Robin, my physical therapist friend, had me run on an underwater treadmill. No, it's not water running, but a treadmill in a pool, where the water was chest deep. After the first time I ran on it, I left with a huge smile on my face, because I had gone so long without running and I missed it terribly. Eventually, Robin not only had me run on the underwater treadmill for an hour, but moved me to their on land treadmill. Now, I am back running on the road and slowly building my mileage back up. I'm supposed to run in a 15K on Thursday and not sure if I'm going to be able to complete the whole race, since the longest I've run in the last month is 6 miles. Should be interesting.

No comments: