Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I have lost my mind!

You would think that injuring my back would discourage me from doing something crazy, like signing up for an ironman, but it didn't. I went to watch friends compete in the Florida Ironman race in Panama City Beach. I do this every year, because it is truly inspiring to see these athletes finish such a long race. And in the past, even though I admire those athletes, I had no desire to race that distance. Well, this year, I've been going back and forth about doing an ironman. One day, I would search for a cool ironman race to do, then the next day thinking there's no way I could do that distance. After Ironman Florida, I had a strong urge to sign up. I felt like I was ready. I didn't get up at the crack of dawn and wait in line to sign up, like most people did, but I drove the 2 hours home, went for a run, and decided that if there were still spots left, I would sign up online. Sure enough, there was. So, I signed up. Immediately after, I thought, "What the heck did I do?!?" Not sure if I made the right decision, but I'm committed. I'm not looking forward to it either, although I feel so out of shape and like a big blob right now. Maybe in August I will feel like I'm ready. I will keep you posted.

No comments: